Thursday, August 7, 2008

Towing with the homies

Went out for some final testing of one of the winches before we hand it off this weekend. Marshall, Wade, and this strange guy who I hardly ever see flying came out...Rob Whittall. Becky and Dennis also came out for some towing after working graveyard shifts...couple of junkies. Our friend Lisa also came out to see what this towing thing is all about. Despite the lack of sleep, Beck managed some nice wing overs and SATs while Denny took a couple turns running the winch under the watchful eye of Beck (Rob and Marshall volunteered to be the ginnie pigs). Of course, Rob, Marshall, and Wade were throwing down all kinds of heli's, and tumbles. I didn't get any video but Marshall got some good footage via the "slam cam"....don't ask.....maybe we can get some of the video up here soon.

Rob sent this pic along with the following comments about the winch:

"Thanks man, that was a killer morning. It has been a long time since i have towed but I have done one hell of a lot of towing in my time and I got to say your rig is very smooth. I am used to feeling the line pay out with a bit of constant jerking but your winch ran without even a tug. On the last tow there were some good thermals and even then the ride remained smooth. All in all I got to say you have done a real good job and thanks for dragging me into the air again."

Well, 3 more winches in fab and one of them is gonna be our personal winch. That way we can keep these morning tow sessions going all year.

1 comment:

Savs said...

Great to see you guys enjoying the towing but I hope that you have some time left to put my winch together !!!

Bob Saville